Our History

Our school began in 1954 and continues to serve the local and broader Brooklyn Park community as a Reception to Year 6 Catholic parish school.

The Salesian Sisters were invited to Adelaide by Archbishop Beovich arriving from the United States in November 1954. 

Drawing on the inspiration from Saint John Bosco and Saint Maria Mazzarello, our school opened in February 1956 the parish school, then known as Mary Help of Christians, was formally blessed and opened by Archbishop Beovich.

Ten years later, the school was renamed St John Bosco School.

St John Bosco School was administered by the Salesian Sisters from 1954 until the end of 1996. Today, a Lay Principal leads a professional, dedicated staff, supported by the Catholic Education Office of the Adelaide Archdiocese.

The Salesian spirit is about friendship with Jesus and one another, service, joy, optimism, respect, understanding and recognising the presence of God in our lives.